Juju and Jamuni

When we had sunshine in Darjeeling during the monsoon, the school would declare a sunny day holiday! That was many moons ago.

Perchance, I happened to be in Darjeeling in the thick of this monsoon. And while my last two evenings were spent indoors with the storms displaying their might of lightning and thunder showers, this morning was different. Clear blue skies, sunny, and bright.

As I gazed at the well washed valleys below, the brilliant green tea-estates, I could not just keep myself from wanting to go outdoors. I also wanted to try the bike-taxi service which I had heard of called "Ju-Ju" or "lets go-lets go" in the local language.

The biker came within 10 minutes of my call and I asked him to suggest the perfect nice, sunny and warm place to visit that was offbeat Darjeeling and un-touristy. Jamuni! he said, and off we went.

After forty minutes or so of winding ride, across a series of tea gardens, we reached the valley below! Jamuni was quiet, serene and ever so picturesque. I breathed the beauty that surrounded me and it soaked my senses to the fullest. I am re-charged now, ready to head  to the hot-humid plains below!

And here are some pictures:

A. Jamuni, the place







B. Ju Ju , the ride







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Roots and wings

Hum-durd : He who shares my pain.